Sunday, August 19, 2018

Up or...

Up or…

by Drew Bankston







I am a very positive person. I get up each morning expecting the day to be amazing and I am seldom wrong. To me, each day is amazing. I have life, I have a job, I have a few friends, I have a family, and I have dreams and goals that I continue to work on with the anticipation of seeing them come true and reaching them someday.

Every now and again, however, I run into people who don’t think or feel the same way as I do. These negative people used to irritate me and bring me down. I would get grumpy and allowed their attitude to change mine. What a really crummy thing for me to allow someone else to change my attitude and change how I view my life. Once I realized what was going on, I determined to change that part of my life, I couldn’t change them, so the change had to come from within.

Today I worked with one of those people. I watched and listened as this person painted a picture of a life that was filled with woe and self-pity. I chose to just listen only, smile, and continue to be positive. After doing all of this I came home and found that my attitude was just as crisp and chipper as it was when I first woke up this morning. I was happy. I was ready to tackle the night and have fun.


It’s so important to realize how much we control our own lives, our own emotions, and our own futures. So often we allow outside circumstances to creep in and change how we feel about everything, but keeping focused on how we are and where we want to go will propel us farther and faster than you could ever hope for. Always stay up. Don’t let there be an alternative. No “or”, just always up. By doing so you’ll see your world improve and your days progress to a level that you’ve never known to exist. Always up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.