Sunday, August 12, 2018

If You Take Another Step You Might...

If You take Another Step You Might…

by Drew Bankston







It seems like every now and then I go through periods of reflection, thinking about where I am in life, where I’ve been, and where I still want to end up. I think that we all go through this type of thought process from time to time. Today I’m looking at how many things I have on my pate and wondering if I really need them all infant of me in order to be happy.

Happiness can often be elusive and fleeting. For some, happiness comes while hanging out with friends or family. For others, it could just be the opposite finding happiness only when alone and doing the things that one person enjoys. For still others, happiness can come from totally different sources. I used to think that for me, happiness came with being constantly busy and changing the ever elusive dream of success. Well, maybe not so elusive. I feel that my entire life has been a success. Perhaps it’s time, however, to drop one of the businesses that I’ve been so keen on perpetuating, but which one? I love them all.


If you’re like me, you love life and everything that goes with it. Yeah, even the bad parts. I use those as learning tools. So each day as we go through life and walk that path through time, each step brings us closer to something. Sometimes we become discouraged and decide to just quit. If there’s something you love, however, why would you quit? What if you took that one more step? What would lie ahead if you just took that one more step? If you quit, then you would never know. Keep taking those steps toward your passion and you’ll find out. That’s what I plan on doing. Next week we can talk about where those steps might lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.