Monday, August 6, 2018

And Then it Happens to You

And Then it Happens to You
by Drew Bankston







When I used to teach Kung Fu, one of the things that I would tell my students is that with time and distance things become less impactful. For example, we here in Colorado might hear about a shooting in Florida. We’re sad, outraged and bothered by it, but not as much so as if it happened in our town. When we look back on a tornado that wiped out part of a nearby town, it’s less impactful ten years later than it is today. Time and distance make things less urgent in our minds.

Sometimes we hear about a person on the news, who is being stalked or harassed, and to us it’s just another news story. But what if such an event were to happen to you? What if something happened in your life or the life of a loved one that was not getting resolved? What if you suddenly and unexpectedly became the target of undeserved attacks and you needed help? How would you handle such a situation?

I only bring this up because recently this has happened in my life. I’m learning that there are some very disturbed people in this world. Thankfully, I know several people who can help with this situation and things are in the works unbeknownst to the perpetrators. Like a tiger, I sit back and watch until the time is right and everything is in place, then when I pounce, they don’t know what hit them.

It’s sad that there are people like this in the world, and even sadder that they have no idea what their thrill-seeking can do to the lives of others. Why would someone do this? I have no idea. Money? Grins and giggles? Whatever it is, it’s still bullying and not at all acceptable.


Be kind to others, friends, and help those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.