Sunday, November 5, 2017

Deck the What?


Deck the What?







By Drew Bankston

Two weeks from tomorrow I leave for New York.  What a kick!  I’m so excited to be going. I’ve done a little more research about this year’s parade and I’ve found out who else will be there as well. Now, I don’t know if I’ll have any opportunity at all to meet them, but here is a short list of the people who will be attending as participants!

In addition to the signature floats, balloons, and the annual first sighting of Santa Claus, this year’s Macy’s Parade will feature multiple musical acts, including middle-aged boy banders 98 Degrees, American Idolalum Lauren Alaina, pop singer Sabrina Carpenter, Andra Day & Common, country singer Sara Evans, Jimmy Fallon & The Roots, rapper Flo Rida, ’90s superstars Goo Goo Dolls, Wyclef Jean, Andy Grammer, Bebe Rexha and the legendary Smokey Robinson.

Just knowing that I’ll be in the same parade, on the same street, and a part of the same event as some of these incredible people makes me smile. I’m only special to a handful of people on a daily basis, but in a few weeks, I’ll feel special for a day. I’ll be in the company of some amazing and successful people. Of course the most successful will come right after our Singing Christmas Tree float, the jolly old man with the long white beard. Santa Claus!

Now last week I told you that we received our music and I’ve been learning my part and singing the beautiful music. One of the songs that we’ll be singing is an original piece that is absolutely beautiful, so if you watch the parade each year like I do please watch for us singing this new song for the first time ever! This is destined to be an instant classic.

Would you like to see more about our Singing Christmas Tree? If so, here’s a YouTube video that you can watch, produced by Macy’s, that tells more about what we’re doing.


Most people won’t get this information, so watch and see what you think. Are as excited as I am?

Much more coming next week so check back then. Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.