Sunday, October 29, 2017

Here We Come A...

Here We Come a…








by Drew Bankston


I’ve mentioned it a million times already, or at least a few, but in three weeks I get to leave for New York to prepare for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade!  I’ve also mentioned that every week Macy’s does something to make this dream seem more real! This past week was no exception and I’m excited to share a few things with you.


Last week we received our schedule for rehearsals, meetings, and activities. Seeing it in writing was a real thrill and puts dreams in my head of what will be realities soon enough!


This week was even more exciting when we were sent our music and our songs for the parade. How exciting! I’ve already started practicing.


So now I’ll be in the parade and I know what I’ll be singing. I’ll also be taking time to go and watch the balloons being inflated. I’m pretty sure that I won’t stay for the entire thing. I’m not even sure how many balloons there are, but it’s going to be a thrill to see those characters come to life.


I’m not certain what the weather will be like on Thanksgiving Day. It might be cold and snowy or it could be one of those years where it’s comfortable. I don’t know. But we will be wearing an outfit fit for a Thanksgiving Day parade. It’s all quite storybook-like and is still not quite real in my mind, but in three weeks I’ll be living out this storybook dream!


Now, I’m pretty sure that after reading this you have questions. What will you be singing? What will you be wearing? These things, dear reader, will be my present to you, and like all good presents, they will be a surprise for you when you watch the parade on Thanksgiving morning. During the first few days in New You, however, I will be taking lots of photos and even doing a few Facebook Live segments, so I encourage all of you to watch for those. In the meantime, be excited and just like you would on Christmas morning, anticipate the pageantry and tradition of this wonderful parade in addition to seeing what our chorus of 150 singers will present to you! I don’t know what’s coming this next week, but I’m as excited as ever to share more with you. 

It’s going to be incredible, I believe. Here it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.