Sunday, October 22, 2017

Miracle on...


Miracle on…

By Drew Bankston





When you’re looking forward to something that’s a month or more away, it’s easy to forget about the event until a week or so before it happens.

Four weeks from tomorrow I leave for New York City to begin my adventure of marching in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. You would think that the reality of this has settled into my brain and that the excitement would have waned somewhat, but let me tell you, that’s not at all the case.

This has been something that I’ve thought about all of my life. From as far back as I can remember I’ve watched the parade every Thanksgiving. It’s not just a tradition, but also a total joy to experience every year. I look forward to it beginning September 1 each year. To know that I’m going to be in it is more exciting than I can express. In addition to being excited about this, the fine folks at Macy’s continue to keep that excitement building by sending us little bits of information each week. This week, however, I received the most amazing news yet. I received our schedule for the week!

At this point, I don’t think that I can share every detail of the week, but I can say that at some particular point in time, I will get to visit the place that one of my favorite Christmas movies revolve around, “Miracle on 34th Street”. Yes, I get to visit Macy’s, Herald Square.

Now, some of you might wonder how I can be so excited about visiting Macy’s in New York. Yes, it’s true that I work at Macy’s but for some reason this store, which is one of the largest retail stores in the world, is magical. I will have to opportunity to be a part of that magic. Not only that but once upon a time, Macy’s actually had a choir. They recorded an album. I get to be a part of a group that hasn’t existed for 60 years. So being able to visit the flagship store and actually shop there, see the holiday decorations and see the Magic of Macy’s in person is beyond words. I can’t wait, and yet I have to.


I honestly can’t wait to see what is coming next week and hopefully, I’ll have a little more guidance as to what all I can share with you about my trip. In the meantime know that I’ll be rehearsing, taking lots of photos and a few live broadcasts, and having the time of my life. I want to take each of you along on this journey, so come back next week for more, tell your friends to join you, and let’s have a great time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.