Monday, November 20, 2017

Leaving on a...


Leaving on a…..

By Drew Bankston







The time has come and here I sit on a jet plane on my way to New York. I never thought that I’d be writing my blog from thousands of feet in the air, and yet here I am doing so.

In a few hours, I’ll be on my way to the hotel, resting up and preparing for the welcome meeting where all of us will meet together for the first time. After that, we head off for our first rehearsal. It’s going to be a whirlwind week but, I think, incredibly fun. I’ll be posting frequent updates on my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/drewbankston) and may even add an additional blog this week. We’ll see how time goes.

It was fun watching people at the airport today and seeing the many different types. Some looked sad, tired and totally out of it while others seemed to anticipate the future. Most of those in the airport were strangers, just as on the plane here and now. Some people, like the couple next to me, know one another. I actually know two other people on the plane, but we aren’t sitting in close proximity to each other. Lauren is the other person from Colorado who will be in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade with me. She brought her husband, Kwon, who I know from when he was running for mayor in Fort Collins. Perhaps when we get to the airport, the three of us can muddle through finding out Lyft driver together.

Despite the unknowns of New York and the upcoming week, there is a great deal of excitement connected to this trip and the once in a lifetime opportunity that comes with it. How many people can say that they’ve been in this parade? How many can say that they were a part of a brand new float, a brand new song, and brand new Macy’s tradition? Not many I would guess. I’m going to meet so many new people, make numerous new friends, and enjoy so many new experiences that it may be overwhelming, but I’m certainly going to be grateful for the opportunity and take advantage of every moment.


So check back during the week and see what new and exciting adventures I’ll share. It’s going to be fun my friends. I’m glad that I can take you along with me through my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.