Monday, January 25, 2016

Baking and Life




So, one of the books that I want to write this year and one which is in constant progress, is a cookbook. It’s amazing, because there are so many ways to approach this book. Should I write about a specific meal, for example, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or holiday meals. Should I write about desserts? What about country specific meals? There are so many ways that I could format this book, and yet, they all sound incredibly wonderful. When I was thinking about how I wanted to approach this, it occurred to me that writing a cookbook and specifically, cooking, is a lot like life. Stay with me now, because this is where it gets interesting.

While writing about, and certainly cooking, all of these wonderful dishes would be incredible and sharing them with all of you even more so, I realized that I can’t just throw them all together and into one book. Not only would it not make sense to do so, but it would be so overwhelming, (not to mention costly to publish) that no one would buy it, no matter how much they wished for it, hoped for it or wanted it. It would be too overwhelming! That’s how life can be sometimes.

There are so many choices in life. Some of them are good for us while others, well, not so much. I’m one of those types of people who would love to experience everything that life has to offer, but like the book that I mentioned in this blog, trying to get to all of it would be overwhelming! So, I need to be content with making lists and deciding what would be the most fulfilling things for me to do during my short stint on this earth. I believe that we all need to do the same thing. Look at the world and the life that you’re living, and decide what it is that you want to do. Decide where you want to go, who you want to be with and what activities would help you to learn and grow and find contentment in this world, while at the same time, bringing a little joy to those around you. You’ll have many chances


Drew~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.