Sunday, September 3, 2017

Ready to Fall?


Ready to Fall?

by Drew Bankston

I turned around and September snuck up behind me, tapped me on the shoulder and smiled really big when I turned back. Where the heck did the year go? In the store where I work, they started putting out some Christmas items. Then I realized that in three weeks fall begins. Fall! What happened to summer? The year, as always, seems to have flown by, leaving me to wonder along with several millions of others, where the year went.

It was one of those kind of days when I took a look back to see what I’ve accomplished over the past eight months. Normally, I do this at the end of the year and look back on the entire year, but today I told myself that if I wasn’t happy with my accomplishments thus far, I would have an opportunity to do more before the year’s end. So, as I looked back, I found that I wasn’t disappointed with my accomplishments as much as I was wondering why I didn’t do more. I did quite a bit, don’t get me wrong, but for some reason I felt as if I should have done more. More time with my family. More time promoting my business. More time writing. More time smiling more. Wait a minute, it turns out that what I was really wanting was more time.

I actually did everything that I wanted to do to date, but I just wanted more time. I guess that’s something that we all want. That really made me think. Time is a fixed thing. So what to do? The only thing that I could think of was to accept the fact that I only have a limited amount of time and that perhaps, I should work on my time management abilities.


For me, when I want to change something about myself, I write about it. I figure that if I need to work on something, there’s at least one other person out there who wants to work on the same thing. So, I’m beginning to work on my time management and put my own spin on it. I’m not going to make it a book, but I’ll post some small things that helped me to reach my goal of time management. So, if you’re ready to figure this out and get a few tips and hints of what’s working for me and might work for you, then stay with me. Check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AuthorDrewBankston for the weekly installments of time management tips. In the meantime, get ready to fall into Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.