Sunday, September 10, 2017

All You Have to Do, is...

All You Have to Do, is…






By Drew Bankston

Dream. We all have dreams. Some of them become passions. Others fade with time and become forgotten memories that will be brought up to grandkids later in life as something that we wanted to have come to into reality, but for whatever reasons, they never did.

I have a dream, which is huge to me. It’s a dream that encompasses numerous other smaller dreams. Over the past five years I’ve worked on this dream. Being human, I haven’t always done everything that I could, everyday, to reach my dreams and goals. Lately, I’ve been more focused on where I want to be and how I want to get there. My big dream has become much more important to me.

Over time, my dream has evolved. At one time, my dream was to be a published author. I’ve reached that dream now, having published twelve books and working on five more right now. Now my dream is to become an author in demand. I look forward to the day when I have a following of people who anticipate my next book. Right now, I’m working on how to do that. My dream also includes allowing my wife to be able to do whatever she wants, whether it’s working or not.

It’s very strange to me how this has to come to pass. I’ve never been one to brag about myself or what I do, but I’m finding out that first and foremost, I have to be my number one fan. I love my stories, and my characters and I love to share them with people. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not about money, but it’s about the love of writing and sharing my words with others. So, you might ask, what has made this dream become more important? It’s easy to explain.

It was five and a half weeks ago that I suddenly developed double vision. On a recent visit to the eye doctor, I was told that my vision has improved a small amount. I can move my right eye and additional five degrees. I’m not really certain what that means, but in reality, I’m not seeing much better than I was before that visit. In fact, most of today it has seemed like it’s been worse. Being a writer with double vision is tough. My eyes get tired very quickly trying to focus on the screen. My dream is still my dream and I wonder what will happen to that dream should my vision never improve.

 So over the past few weeks, I’ve been trying harder, taking risks, reading when I can about how to make this a reality. I will make this dream come true. I will find ways to share these things with you.


In the meantime, I encourage all of you to please look at your dreams. Figure out how to make them come true. Don’t wait until something happens that either forces you to act, or makes you give up. Dreams are your wishes that have the ability to become reality, but they need your help to do so. I’m working hard, daily, to make mine a reality. I believe that you can make yours come true as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.