Sunday, December 18, 2016

Preparing for 2017

It’s really interesting to me, that at the end of 2015 people were saying what an awful year it was and how 2016 will be the best year ever! Now I’m seeing posts on social media echoing the sentiments of last year. People are talking about how 2016 was terrible and how 2017 will turn lives around.


For me, 2016 was an amazing year. No, I didn’t win the lottery and I didn’t inherit millions of dollars. But, I did decide to make each day a wonderful day, and I was able to maintain that thought everyday. I started each morning by encouraging others to have the best day ever. In doing that, I feel that I was encouraging myself to do the same. It worked! Even though, as with every road, I encountered bumps and ruts and daily discouragements, for some reason they didn’t seem as bad as they might have been. I found myself focusing on the solutions to the problems rather than the problems themselves and looking for answers rather than dwelling on the difficulties in finding them. This type of attitude made each day, when the day was over, a joy and a blessing. Life became something that I looked forward to each moment of each day, and the next day was anticipated with great zeal.


At the end of the year, just like the end of each day, I’m able to look back and say that this was an incredible year. I can see where my shortcomings cropped up and the parts of my life that need work for this coming year so that I can make 2017 even better than this year has been. I can honestly say that 2017 will be amazing. I can already see it coming. I know where I want to be at the end of the year and I know how I want to get there. Will I make it? I hope so. I want to be a well known author. I want to be even more successful than I was this year. I want to be a better person. These are big “wants” and will only be realized through hard work, daily evaluations, goal setting and ever changing action plans. I believe that I’ve laid down the foundation to bring it all together. 2017 will be a year for change. This will be a year of progress. This will be a year of realizations. Better than 2016, which was amazing. So yes, 2017 will be a better year, but 2016 wasn’t bad. It wasn’t bad at all. It built a runway to launch my dreams to new heights and from there, I’ll be able to see for miles. I’m prepared for 2017. Are you?


Drew~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.