Sunday, October 9, 2016

I've Got Mail


I’ve Got Mail

Years ago, before the advent of Email, we would walk down to the mailbox and pull out letters from friends, bills, advertisements and of course, junk mail.

Now, most of my mail, I’m sure like yours, is on my computer. Don’t get me wrong, I still go to my mailbox 6 days each week, with some excitement to see what the mailman has brought. Truth be told, I actually enjoy going to the physical mailbox more than sitting down to look on my computer. You might be experiencing the same syndrome. Let’s see.

When the mailman would come to my mailbox and deliver junk mail, it was actually fun. Even if I didn’t order anything, there was a lot of imagination in the ads that were delivered. It was great being able to look through and see what I could have if I wanted. Now, junk mail has taken on a whole other meaning.

This week, I’ve been told that my Amazon points have changed by numerous people that I don’t know, even though I don’t have any Amazon points.

I have apparently been chosen by the Email gods to win more money than I ever thought possible from lotteries in countries around the world.

Those I can deal with,

I’ll also been delivered 23 viruses and one of my addresses was hacked by someone wanting to pay others big dollars to work from home. So junk mail is now something that can steal your identity, your reputation and attempt to destroy your work. Why would people do this?

The junk mail of my younger days is gone and now I’m trying to figure out why nameless and faceless people would do what they could to sabotage my life. Of course I take precautions and no one has stolen anything or destroyed my work, other than apparently, one email address that may or may not have been compromised.


In the end, I tighten security. I check frequently. I resign myself to the fact that days gone by are just that.

Please send yourself to my website and be sure to sign up for my newsletter updates! Free stuff and great opportunities to learn about new books as well as chances to win free stories and or books. See you at www.drewbankston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.