Sunday, October 30, 2016

Changes Push Through like a Storm



At the end of last week, I had major changes in my life. It’s been interesting and will take some time to get used to. Many of you who know me, know that for the past  8 years, I’ve run a video production company. It’s a full-time job with wonderful monetary returns as well as great emotional high for the wonderful people that I work with. The problem that I encountered with it, was that it wasn’t a steady paycheck. It actually came in waves. If you’ve ever experienced that, you understand how difficult it can be. Bills pile up until a payment comes in and then that payment is used in full to pay those bills. That leaves precious little for things like food, gas for the car and other necessities for the family. As a result, this major change arrived in my life. I haven’t given up my video production which is still a wonderful part of my life, and I haven’t given up writing. Instead, I’ve procured a new job. A full-time job with a company outside of my house. So now, 40 hours each week will require my presence elsewhere while I’m still working on my full-time video and part-time writing job. It’s going to be interesting. What’s going to be the most challenging of all of this will be working on time management. I’ve never had to really manage my time like this. I’ve had the pleasure of being able to make my own schedule without regard to another employer’s schedule. 


My family was all for my change at first, but now they’re beginning to realize how much they’ve come to rely on my flexible schedule for transportation on a daily basis. I can’t provide that now and ,in fact, we need to begin some financial planning so that we can purchase a second car. It turns out that no matter what changes happen in life, there will be parts to which we need to adapt. Good points and not so good. But this is life, isn’t it? 


Life brings us surprises and changes each and every day. Some good changes and some not so good. These changes help us grow stronger and learn to adapt to each new day in our lives. Change, to me, is not something that should be feared, but something to be embraced. I embrace every change that comes my way and learn from them all. Learn to do this and your life will change for the better. I expect that it may get stressful, but I’m going to try hard to not let it get that way. Look around and be the one to make a change. When you do, keep the momentum going so that your life will always be filled with surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.