Sunday, July 10, 2016

A New Path




Last night I took the dog for a walk. I always give me time to think, plot and plan.

As I walked along the path that I’ve walked with my dog for the past six months, and thinking about how I’ll be moving from this neighborhood soon, it made me sad thinking that soon I wouldn’t be walking along this path that I’ve come to love and know so well. I’ve really come to enjoy the evening walks in the park; feeling the coolness of the evening and seeing all of the wonderful houses and green expanse of lawn and old established trees. It’s a path that I’ve become very comfortable with. But then I started thinking about how life is a lot like this path.

We walk a path everyday of our lives. We have our routines that we go through that make us comfortable and content. It’s when life throws in a difference that we become uncomfortable. Personally, I’ve always enjoyed change and look forward to the challenges that they bring.

So thinking about a change in paths should have been something like that, exciting and challenging. Then why was I feeling so sad about this?

It was at that moment that I changed my way of thinking about this. Where I move, which won’t be far from where I’m living now, I’ll still be taking the dog for a walk each night. It will be the same, cool air. The sky above me will be the same, with the same clouds and the same moon. Only the immediate surrounding will be different. Different, but not bad. It was then that I decided that this would, in fact be an adventure.


In our lives, we sometimes view change as bad. But when change comes, we should look hard to see if that change is something that we can use to improve our lives. How can we use that change to propel ourselves toward our dreams and goals? How can we change our discomfort into a new level of comfort? It’s important to embrace change and move upward using that change as the momentum that will drive us to new heights and new levels in our lives. So tonight, when I took the dog for his walk, I enjoyed the path and looked forward with anticipation, to the new path that is coming my way in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.