Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Change in the Weather




This afternoon it started to rain, and then there was a snow shower. That’s not really unusual for Colorado in February except that we’ve all become used to daytime highs in the upper 50’s and 60’s recently. It’s been nice and wearing short-sleeved shirts has certainly been pleasant. So today was much of a shock to the system. The forecast of snow overnight was a shock to the mind as well. But the more that I thought about it, the more it seemed like a fun thing. We’ve had some nice weather here in winter, and now it’s time for a quick shot of snow to remind us that it is indeed, still winter.

Life can be like that, though. We cruise along in life with our daily dose of regular, everyday activities but every now and again, those activities are disrupted or a wrench is thrown into the works and quite suddenly, our life is filled with momentary chaos. Sometimes it doesn’t feel momentary, but it’s good to remember in all situations, that everything in life is momentary. It doesn’t last. It won’t be this way forever. So how do you handle the momentary disruptions to your life? Do you fall apart? Do you panic?  Do you wonder why life is so against you? Or, do you wonder what lesson you’ll learn from the current situation? Do you take a look at where you are in life and wonder how this situation will propel you to a new understanding and knowledge?

There are many times when we feel personally picked on as situations encroach on our lives. The best thing to think about, though, is that it’s all, momentary. Momentary. Only here for the moment. The blink of an eye in the overall scheme of things.


I realized today, how incredibly much I love this life. I love everything about it. I love the lessons that I’ve learned and I look forward to lessons yet to come. I can’t imagine life being any better than it is right now, and yet, according to my goals, it will get better and better. So for me, when these bad things happen to disrupt my life as I know it, I look at it much like the weather today. It’s a change. It’s different. It might not be exactly the way I want it to go right now, but tomorrow’s a different day and things will begin to steer back to the road that I was on before this happened. I’m looking forward to this small change, but then anticipating a return to the normal, my normal and my road. It’s the road I love and will take me to new heights. Hopefully, you have a similar road that will support you through the twists, turns and changes as mine does for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! Please note that all spam and advertisements will be deleted.